Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Phoebe Edition


* please mouse over to see the SOOC shot *


A picture I took last Sunday, I found this mini roses way too cute, but a bit difficult to photograph because the flowers were even smaller than my fingernails! Anyway, I did have a lot of fun photographing the flowers because even the roses were itty bitty small, it did have a great pattern.

Editing this picture, I did:
  • Scaled image to 640x480.
  • Added a layer of Kim Klassen's "Phoebe" texture, set to Burn at 70% then processed it using the Vintage script (no grain, with vignette), blended to 30%.
  • Added another layer of Kim Klassen's "Phoebe" texture, set to Multiply at 25%.
  • Ran the Vintage script (no grain, with vignette), blended to soft light at 75%.
  • Ran the National Geographic script, set to my own preference.
  • Ran the "Summer Heat" action, then adjusted the levels.
  • Added my watermark, flattened image, then saved.

When I started giving more time post-processing my images, I still haven't tried creating or using frames. With the Phoebe texture, the frame / border around the image made the edited image look as if it's a greeting card or something. :)


Touch Up Tuesday's at the Paper Mama