Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Free & Easy Edition


* please mouse over to see the SOOC shot *

This morning, one friend on Facebook posted this status:
SISTER WEEK: Real sisters aren't perfect - they wont always fit the mold. They aren't bound by blood alone, but by love that flows through and through. A real sister has made you laugh, hurt you, stuck up for you, drove you crazy, annoyed you, hugged you, watched you succeed, saw you fail, picked you back up again, cheered you on, wiped your tears, calmed you down, made you strong and is someone you are proud to have in your life. I love you, sissy!
It made me miss my sister so much. She started her training for her new job this week, and even if we get to see each other everyday, I just miss our sister moments - attending events, cooking/eating, walking.

This image wasn't the last time we went out for a morning walk, but this was one of my favorite images. It's quite difficult for us to be in the same picture, so when I saw our shadows, I just asked her to stop so I can take a picture. She's the one on the left, by the way. Soon, my shadow will be as small as her's. :)

How I did the edit:
  • Scaled image to 480x640.
  • Added a layer of Kim Klassen's "Music Lovin" texture, blended to Hard Light at 50%.
  • Added a layer of Kim Klassen's "Water Stained Frame" texture, blended to Multiply at 65%.
  • Ran the SOV:Light script, set to default.
  • Ran the "Summer Heat" action, then adjusted the levels.
  • Ran the Van Gogh (LIC) filter, set to default.
  • Ran the National Geographic script, using my preferred settings.
  • Ran the Manny Librodo sharpening script, using my preferred settings.
  • Added watermark, flattened and saved image.
Last week, I added a texture with border, and I used another one this week. I am slowly loving that border thingy! :)


Touch Up Tuesday's at the Paper Mama