Thursday, November 03, 2011

Edit Me! Challenge | Week 24

Week 24 - SOOC by Branson

This week's photo is by Branson, one of the hostesses of the Edit Me! Challenge. I love the earth tones of this picture, so I decided to go light chocolate for my edit:

Week 24 - The Choco Edit

I still haven't checked the GIMP Plugin Registry to check if there are new scripts and actions, so for this edit, I just go for what's available. This was a very easy edit, by the way - I didn't want to do much as the image was already awesome as is.
  • Scaled image to 640 on the longer end.
  • Ran the "Summer Heat" action, then adjusted the levels to make the tones a bit lighter.
  • Ran the "National Geographic" script, set to my own preference.
  • Ran the "Brauer's Warm" filter, set to default.
  • Ran the "Burn" tool, set to shadow at 20%.
  • Ran the "Unsharp Mask" tool, set to 0.20.
  • Added the watermark, flattened, and saved the image.




Our tiny BIG Life