Friday, October 07, 2011

On Exercise Mode

Day two of the 30 Day Challenge is about "What I Wore Today." While editing my picture, I found out Foto Friday's prompt is about "Machines," so this will be a two-in-one post.

Exercise Mode

Even if I work out at home, I still try to wear something I would wear if I am in a gym because I read in a magazine that part of the success of working out at home is to act as if you're in a public gym - no answering the phone if it rings, not letting noises around distract you (unless of course it's something urgent or emergency), and wearing gym clothes. I personally would like to wear something small because I do perspire a lot when working out, and I don't want to end up having soaking wet clothes - I prefer wiping myself with a soft, fluffy towel.

Normally, I wear my pair of running shoes, but today I decided to wear my purple Tretorn shoes, because it has been gathering dust for the longest time. I bought it many years ago when I decided to join mom's aerobics class, but the day I bought it, it wasn't my first choice. I was eyeing for a pair of red Hush Puppies rubber shoes because it was comfortable and light, but mom thought it was very expensive. I just started working as a telemarketer that time and mom thought I should save as much of my salary as possible. When we saw that Tretorn was having a sale, mom suggested I should just go for it, since it was a dream pair of shoes while I was in high school. Purple is our favorite color, so mom chose this particular pair for me to buy. It saved me 700 pesos, but I didn't get to wear the shoes that long because the soles were too thick and tough. I still wear it from time to time, but not during a workout, but whenever I will go out for a stroll.

This image wasn't wonderfully shot because my brother's room was locked, hence I couldn't get the tripod. I just placed my camera on the bookshelf and timed it. Original picture was in landscape orientation, but there were still way too many clutters in my room, so I had to edit the image.

Of course, after taking this one shot (I didn't dare take another one as my camera was tilting a bit - it might fall should I try and set the time again), I completed 3 1/2 minutes at the Elliptical Machine. I am happy that on the sixth day of using it, I can now sustain three and a half minutes of continuous work out... when I first started using this, I couldn't barely finish one minute. Hahaha. Well, at least there's an improvement.


Click It Up A Notch