Monday, September 19, 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday 091911

Late post for me this week, and because I didn't have the chance to go out and shoot, 4 of the images were taken during my out of town trip.

Prayer Warrior

01 - Street Photography

I took this outside the Magellan's Cross in Cebu City. The old woman (in color) is one of the many prayer warriors in the area, they offer prayer help to the tourists in exchange of some donations. Most tourists would not even give them a glance, but because Cebu City is one of the religious places I have visited (Catholic Churches here are close to each other yet most of them will be full whenever a mass is celebrated), there were a few tourists who would sought their help.

Busay Falls Bohol

02 - From a Distance

That's the Busay Falls along Loboc River in Bohol. We had our lunch in one of the floating restaurants in Loboc, and it was one of the most unique restaurants because it would sail along the Loboc River, giving tourists a great view of Mother Nature's beauty. Unfortunately, the boat didn't come near the falls, so I just maxed out the zoom function of my camera to frame this one good.

Dauis Church

03 - Sunday

As a Catholic, you would normally see me inside the church every Sundays, but I admit since the big debate on RH Bill came out, I suddenly didn't feel the enthusiasm to hear mass anymore because the priests would concentrate on their own opinions about it rather than focus on the gospel. I respect them for what they stand up for, but every Sundays had been about their personal opinions, I got a little fed up with it. I still am a firm believer of the church, that is why whenever I have the chance, I'd visit a Catholic church to say my personal prayers.

Chicken and Corn Soup

04 - Liquid

They say soup is liquid comfort, so when we celebrated mom's birthday last Tuesday, we went to go for soup to comfort us while waiting for pizza to be served.

Sexy on Board

05 - Behind

I don't have a picture that literally depicts this prompt, but while re-reading "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne, one of the pages stated that one reason why people are fat is because they think and feel "fat thoughts." I am a person who wanted to be slim, healthy, and yes... sexy, so aside from watching what I eat and exercise at least 30 minutes (two times a day) for most days of the week, I also watch over my thoughts and feelings. I can now say that "fat thoughts" are behind me now... and I am now embracing the thoughts that I am sexy in my own unique and special way.