Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Texture Tuesdays | The Dream Edition

A new typhoon came last night and it's been raining all day (stopping from time to time)... and my bed is calling me since this morning. I don't know what's with the rainy weather and snoozing... it just feels good to get more Zzzzz, but of course, I couldn't get myself to sleep more because my head aches if I would oversleep.

The prompt for Texture Tuesdays is such a fitting theme for today's weather, and for the "Dream" prompt, here's my share:


* please mouse over to see the SOOC shot *

I decided to go literal with this prompt, choosing an old picture of the newly born kitten from last year (sadly this kitten already passed away). I wanted to do a very simple edit for this image, and coming up with this one, I did:
  • After resizing the image to 640x480, I added a layer of Kim Klassen's "Dream" texture, set to normal at 20%, just to subtle the image because it was very dark.
  • Added two more layers of the "Dream" texture, both set to divide at 100%, but I erased the texture on the topmost layer just so the texture won't be too strong, especially on the cat's face.
  • Ran the National Geographic script set to my own preference, then ran the unsharp mask tool.
  • Added my namestamp, flattened, and saved the image.

There is quite a visible line on the lower right side of the image (where I erased the texture)... I really can't get the parts blend with each other; if you have any tips on how to not make the erased parts not so visible, please tell me. Thanks in advance.

Oh, Kim has a question on her post about five dreams... mine are:
  1. Own a house on the countryside, with lands big enough for me to start farming.
  2. Marry a man who cares, love, trust, and treasure me.
  3. Set foot on all of the Philippines' provinces.
  4. Be at 150lbs.
  5. Earn at least p15,000 a month.
*** Jenn ***