Monday, July 11, 2011

Shoot and Edit | Skies the Limit [SOOC]

I have long wanted to join this meme, but my editing skills were always pushing me not to join - because I know I am not yet good in editing pictures. I don't know if my images will be "good to WOW!" but, I am ready to explore the world of post-processing more, so I decided to join.

This week, the theme is "Skies the Limit," and here is my SOOC picture:

Fixing the Lights

Yes, you read it right... I took this picture two years ago. I took this while inside the taxi while traveling from the Cebu-Mactan International Airport to the hotel where my brother and I were booked to stay for the next week. It was my first time to set foot in Cebu, so I really was a shutter happy that time - taking pictures of possibly anything I could take pictures of.

The time I took this, I recently had a new camera - Canon Powershot A1000is. I had no plans of buying a new camera, but my sister had to take our old camera with her so she could document her internship at the Negros Navigation. This being my first time to travel to Cebu, I sought the help of my mother to purchase this new camera, and I was glad I went to buy this camera model - it was my "partner in crime" for many years. Sadly, the camera is now at peace, following its death while traveling in Puerto Galera last November.

Anyway, my mother and I will be traveling to Cebu next month, and I showed mom the pictures I took because she couldn't remember me traveling there. I saw this picture, saw the prompt... so I decided to use this image for the Shoot and Edit prompt.

You seeing this, I am sure you can already guess what I am about to do. :)

*** Jenn ***