Sunday, July 17, 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday 071711

My share of pictures for this week:

Black and White

01. Black and White

For this prompt, I decided not to use the black and white function of my camera and just find a subject that is black and white. This is our cat Lilith, who looks very strong for a mama that just lost her kitty.

Reflection in Glass

02. Reflections in Glass

This was something from the archives... I took this last May when my sister and I went to do Visita Iglesia (church hopping). The church in the reflection is the San Agustin Church, one of the four baroque churches in the Philippines, and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

Headlights

03. Headlights

I didn't go out this week, so no definite picture for this prompt. I wanted to use another image from the archives, but I already used one, so I decided to just get the dictionary and photograph the printed meaning of the word.

Seeing Double

04. Seeing Double

Sometime ago, I was shocked and saddened seeing my bell pepper seedlings disappear. At first I thought the kids were playing some pranks on me, but I noticed the main stem of the bell peppers were still there and that the seedling appeared to be eaten by something. Yesterday afternoon, I went to water the plants when I saw one of the old tomato plants knocked out by the wind, and when I stuck a stick to act as a leverage, I saw the reason why I lost the bell peppers: these pesky snails! This image only had two snails, but I was able to collect a handful yesterday. They did look cute, but sadly I had to "exterminate" them.

Bare

05. Bare

Christmas of 1998, my Aunt Jo gifted me with a Troll dressed as a boxer, but when I decided to give the doll a shower as well as washing its clothes, the fabric was ruined and the stitches became loose, so for more than a decade now, this doll has been bare. :)

*** Jenn ***

ps - also linking the cat and the snail pictures to Camera Critters.