Thursday, July 28, 2011

Edit Me! | Week 11

First up, I want to shout out some massive thank yous to Branson and Mandy for choosing my edit as one of the top three edits for Edit Me! Week 09. :)

Edit Me! Week 11 | SOOC by Beth

For Week 11, picture to edit is provided by Beth of "Our Typical Life." I find this image really, really cute, and at first, I thought of making it look like a painting, but I decided (once again) to go simple with my edit, as the SOOC image is already perfect as is.

Edit Me! Week 11 | Summer Heat Edit

For this edit, here are the steps I made:
  • Resized image to 425x640.
  • Ran the Black and White Film script, using Ilford FP4 as my choice (there are so many choices to choose from, but I still don't know if there are any differences, they all seem to look the same for me).
  • Ran the "Summer Heat" action, then I adjusted the levels to my liking.
  • Added a layer of Kim Klassen's "Sweettart" texture, set to burn at 30%.
  • Ran the National Geographic script.
  • Added my namestamp, then ran the Manny Librodo sharpening script.
  • Flattened and saved the image.

Before I close this post, let me share a paragraph taken from a song:

In the eyes of a child there is joy, there is laughter
There is hope, there is trust, a chance to shape the future
For the lessons of life there is no better teacher
Than the look in the eyes of a child.
~ "The Eyes of a Child" by Air Supply

*** Jenn ***

My Reflection of Something