Monday, May 30, 2011

Rizal Park

Since I already had the November 2010 folder open, I decided to choose my photo for the three memes (Color Splash, Macro Mondays, and Today's Flowers) from the same folder as well.

Rizal Park

This was a picture I took from Rizal Park November of 2010. This place was very memorable for K and I because when we first met in 2008, we also went here and since we were together again after two years (he lives in UK, that's why), we really made it a point to visit this place again, just so we could have something from the past that connects to the present.

I also decided to choose this picture because June is coming up, and that's the birth month of the country's national hero - Dr. Jose Rizal. This year is his 150th birth anniversary, and the government is now starting to plan big celebrations around the country on 19 June. I am going to attend the party in this same park come that day.

Editing this picture, I first made my usual process - select one part of the image then make an inverse selection and converted it to b&w, then I followed it with a vintage script, and I liked the outcome - it kinda looks like old photograph.

*** Jenn ***

ps - Thanks to Artistically Amy for choosing my image as one of the favorites from last week.

Macro Monday Today's Flowers