Sunday, March 13, 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday - 031311

I wasn't able to participate last week because my sister and I were out of town and I wasn't able to take the time to hunt the items. This week, since I had the time, I am able to complete the items. :) My take this week:

Vanishing Point

01 - Vanishing Point
06 March 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

Something I took along Calle Crisologo in the heritage city of Vigan, Ilocos Sur. This is my "time machine," allowing myself to go back in time with its rustic buildings, cobbled stone road, and horse-drawn carriages. I seriously could stay here the whole day and not feel a wee bit bored.

Square Crop

02 - Square Crop
13 March 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

I am so loving the plumbago flowers in our neighbor's garden, so this morning, I went over to take some pictures and cropped it square (using GIMP) for this theme.

Under

03 - Under
05 March 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

Since I took this a day before the list came out, I could consider this something from the archive because I forgot about this item and I was scrambling for time (my siblings were asking me if I could lend them my netbook so they could upload pictures in their Facebook pages), so I just went to look in my file. I took this when sister and I went to visit daddy's grave (it was his 4th death anniversary that day), and even if we were struggling a bit with the heat (no nearby trees and no clouds covering the sun), my sister and I were still able to laugh a little every time the wind would turn her umbrella into this. It was just so funny seeing her under the funny looking umbrella, that I told her to hold her pose for a picture.

Of course, after all the complaints about the heat and the giggles about the umbrella, my sister and took the time to be serious and offer prayers for our dad as well as talk to him about updates in our lives. It has been four years, but yes, we still miss him.

Welcome to the Jungle

04 - "Welcome to the Jungle"
13 March 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

This was our set of "Tarzan" toys, which the family bought oh-so-many years ago as part of the McDonald's Happy Meal. When the family went loco over the Snoopy Happy Meal toys, we just found ourselves buying succeeding toys, and since we got to watch the Disney animated film "Tarzan" at the cinema, we decided to get the toys as well. We managed to get all the toys, and as our way of preserving it, we placed it inside the cabinet near the entertainment system. Whenever kids (whether relatives or neighbors or friends) would come here, we would allow them to play with it, after all, that's why toys were made, right?

Calm

05 - Calm
13 March 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

My cat Teddy having a calm moment. Well, we know she just gave birth, but we cannot find the kittens and there are no signs of kittens sucking milk from her, so I guess she either lost them or that the kittens died. Well, today is her 4th birthday, making her a little old for the cat's age, so we understood that she might not have any offspring anymore.

Anyway, Teddy has been cranky at times ... it's cute seeing her "boyfriend" visiting her from time to time, but of course, since the "boyfriend" was an outsider, our other cats would get angry and they would fight, but when our cats would try to fight with the "boyfriend," Teddy would then get angry with our cats. Ooooh, fiesty mama! I would definitely prefer to see her as calm as this rather than the very angry cat trying to prevent our other cats in hurting her "boyfriend." Am also linking this picture up for Camera Critters.


So there you are.. my take for the Scavenger Hunt Sunday for this week. Hope you're all having a great weekend!

*** Jenn ***