Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Exercises 8 & 9 - Plants and Eyes

I wasn't able to post my take on the assignments in time, so again, I will be doing a "two in one" post this week, featuring my takes for Exercises 8 and 9.

Exercise #8 - Plants

Exercise #8 - Plants

This I took while in La Union. It was difficult for me to find a plant with a good drama for photographs, and I didn't want to copy the sample photo in the exercise, so I decided to roam around our house grounds to find a suitable subject. I did find a very small aratiles tree (something just came out of the ground), but the overall image wasn't so good. I was about to call it a day when I noticed this grass - which looked like a very small Christmas Tree. I don't know if grasses can be classified as plants, too... but I did like this picture. I loved how my camera was able to make the grass look sharp and the rest blurred.

Exercise #9 - Eyes in Portraits

Exercise #9 - Eyes in Portraits

Something I took during the "last leg" of my vacation with sister. It was supposed to be a trip to Abra, but we canceled and went back to Vigan City instead. I knew my sister went up the belfry of Bantay Church just once (in 2008), so I took her there so we can climb again. There were very few tourists, so we were able to take our time, and remembering the exercise, I asked her to pose for a picture. I didn't want to just concentrate with the eyes.. so I just asked her to open her eyes good, and took this picture. My sister has always been there to be my model... I am thankful she was there to help me with this exercise.

Art of Composition

Both pictures were taken initially for the "The Art of Composition" exercises, but since both were B/W, am also linking this up to Black and White Wednesday meme.

*** Jenn ***