Sunday, January 16, 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday - 011611

I missed the hunt for two weeks, so it feels so good to be back again. Here are my interpretations this week:

A Different Pespective

01 - Different View
14 January 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

Whenever I take pictures, I find myself always picturing my subjects with the camera close to my chest and tilt the camera down or up. These mushrooms caught my eyes while we (my cousin and sibs) were walking out of the neighborhood, and even if I would look awful, I went down on my knees, and rest my camera in my hands on ground level to take this picture.

Looking Up


02 - Looking Up
14 January 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130}

This was what I saw when I looked up on a big tree near the plaza. The cold weather was causing trees to shed its leaves, and I am a bit glad there were still some leaves left in this tree. I do love leafless trees, but seeing some leaves add drama, too.

Linking up this photo for Paper Heart Camera, too. :)

Abstract

03 - Abstract
14 January 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

Abstract, abstract... I really struggled with this one. While eating a cone of ice cream at the corner store, I saw this bottle of candy sprinkles and the different colors and angles of lines made me think they look like abstract art. I am not sure if this one's a good interpretation, but this was all I can come up with.

Hair

04 - Hair
15 January 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

Taking inspiration from a self portrait taken by a new friend Juliet del Rosario, I asked my sister to pose for me to take this shot. Between the two of us, she has a much better looking hair, and I seriously missed "using" her as my model.

Half

05 - Half
16 January 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

I know a lot of people would interpret this one with a glass "half empty / half full," and I really hoped I could veer away from it, but sadly, I can't think of any more interpretations, after realizing the chicken part my brother ate for dinner last night didn't have the wishing bone. I really hoped to take a picture of the wishing bone in half, but I can't, so I went with the glass as well. I used brandy glasses and water mixed with food color to achieve this one.

... by the way, I always see my glass half full.


Thank you so much for passing by my blog... if you have any C&C, feel free to share it.

*** Jenn ***