Friday, January 14, 2011

Exercise 2 - Lines (Forks)

Exercise number two is about forks... funny, I thought the exercise was all about lines; I was actually about to take pictures of my hair comb, until I realized it should be about forks. I have tried using forks as my subject for my Project 365 last year, but I wanted to take fresh pictures for this exercise. Some behind the scenes pictures:

Behind the Scenes Behind the Scenes

I don't own any illustration boards, so I used my sister's big black shirt as my background. I set up the thing in the dining area - that's our dinner chair, by the way... and using the light from study lamp as my only source of light (I made sure I turned off all the lights in the dining area, including the living room, which was adjacent, I started trying to locate which side would cast a good shadow, and since I am on my own, I tried to be still while taking the pictures. In one or two occasions, I had to hold the lamp with my left hand while my right hand was holding the camera.

I took quite a lot of pictures, but in the end I chose these two:

Fork

It was difficult to find a good angle that would cast a good shadow of the fork's lines, but I like this one. This was actually a product of the set up in the first behind the scenes picture.

Forks

I also tried taking pictures of two forks, just to have the best of both worlds. The light was directly above the forks, hence the little glare... again, I wanted to have some shadows because it adds more lines into the image. All images are SOOC.

As always, you're free to comment and provide constructive criticisms.


If you want to participate in the exercise, just click the badge above.

*** Jenn ***