Friday, January 07, 2011

Exercise 1 - Rocks

I was invited by my friend Nathalie for this photo meme she put up and I decided to join - not because she is my friend (well okay, that's part of the reason, too), but because I liked what the meme is aiming for. I really want to improve the way I compose images, so joining the meme could be a win-win situation for me. I always believe that regardless of what camera a person use, a well composed image will always be beautiful.

Exercise number 1 is about "Rocks." I have some old photos that could be a good image for this meme, but since Nathalie made it clear that pictures have to be originally taken in black and white, I really have to hunt a good subject for my share.

Rocks

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

I found this in the landscaped garden in the front yard of one of our neighbors. I am not sure if this is a good representation of the project, but I did like the relationship of the rocks and the branch of the plant. I actually took a portrait orientation of this sight, but I chose to go with the landscape orientation because the focus of the exercise has to be with the rocks.

This is an SOOC image, taken using my Sony Ericsson K800i cell phone, set to macro.

Like all images posted here in my blog, I am encouraging everyone to give their C&C. I really would like to grow more as a photographer and any constructive criticism is always appreciated. To know more about the exercise, just click on the banner under the rocks picture.

*** Jenn ***