Sunday, November 28, 2010

Scavenger Hunt Sunday - Week 8

This is the 8th week since I joined Scavenger Hunt Sunday, but I missed weeks 5, 6, and 7 because of certain reasons. I actually wasn't able to jot down the items for this week, so I am happy that I was able to capture the items as I went on with my holiday with K. Here's my take for this week's list:

NAIA 3

Black and White
Ninoy Aquino International Airport (Terminal 3)
21 November 2010
{Canon Powershot A1000is}

One of the few last shots I took using my camera, I took this while K and I were roaming around the airport to wind off time. We just had our lunch, and because we still had about two hours before we board the plane to Iloilo, we decided to just explore the place. It was his idea of taking a picture in this area when he saw a person walking, giving it a title, "the lone passenger," and I found it a good idea, so when I saw this woman walking, I took a picture as well.

Fish and Chips

I Ate This!
Fluke! - A. Venue Mall, Makati City
24 November 2010
{Sony Ericsson K800i}

In the two weeks that K and I have been together for our holiday, we have eaten to different establishments, but I decided to share this one, because this was what I had when we ate dinner arriving in Makati City from a three-day stay in Iloilo. This is a plate of fish and chips, my way of eating something English, as K is an Englishman himself. This dinner was a happy dinner for me because not only did I share it with K, my brother was with us as well - he went to meet us up at the airport so he could get the boxes of goodies I bought from Iloilo. Before he left, K treated dinner first.

Miag-Ao Church

Historic
Miag-Ao Church - Iloilo
22 November 2010
{Sony Ericsson K800i}

With no camera to use (my point and shoot camera won't open anymore), I still am thankful that I have my cell phone to use in capturing images. The sad part though, I just have to set it to VGA size (640x480) so I can take lots of pictures, while my cell phone's USB cord and my sister's M2 memory card was on transit (I asked them to send it to me in Iloilo). Nothing can really hinder me (and K) to enjoy the holiday, so even if I had problems with my image capturing medium, we still went on checking places in Iloilo.

The Miag-Ao Church is one of the four baroque churches in the Philippines (the third of the four I have visited), and is one of the UNESCO world heritage site. It was built in the 18th century using limestones, and said the staff who toured us, there was no major renovations since it was built, so what we saw was the same church since then. What amazed me the most was the carvings on the wall - it was so intricate and I am really thankful that I was able to see a church like this in my lifetime.

Cebu Pacific

Off Center
Ninoy Aquino International Airport - Terminal 3
24 November 2010
{Sony Ericsson K800i}

K and I sat on the back part of the plane, so when it was time for us to disembark the plane, we decided to exit at the back door so we could take the stairs (front door had a bridge straight to the airport's building) and walk on the ground. The airport staffs remind passengers to refrain from taking pictures on the ground (so there won't be any delays), but I really can't help but to open my cell phone and take some shots while walking. Well, I wasn't causing any delay; I was walking anyway. :) This I took in a haste; I just extended my hand and took a picture blindly, and this plane was off center. Hehehe. This was a different plane, by the way, not the one we just took.

Banana Split


The End
John and Yoko - Greenbelt 5, Makati City
26 November 2010
{Sony Ericsson K800i}

Desserts are regarded as the last part of the meal, something sweet to end a wonderful dining experience. This banana split didn't just the end our (K and I) last meal together, it also signify the end of our 14 day holiday, as after this dessert, we took a taxi to the hotel to collect our luggage, and he went to the airport for his flight back to England, while I went on my way home. A sweet ending to a sweet holiday.

...it was a bit melancholic, too. I miss him already.

*** Jenn ***