Monday, October 18, 2010

Scavenger Hunt Sunday - Week 2

I was really hoping to take all five items within the week, but I was bitten by the lazy bug, so my take for this week's themes are a mix of both new and old images.

Side Lighting

#01 - Side Lighting
18 February 2010
{Canon Powershot A1000is}

I don't always eat gummy bears, so in rare times that I place this food in our grocery basket, I'd see to it that I'd play with them before I eat. Gummy bears just look good together, and one time I did a little pre-nup shoot of them. To achieve the heart shadow, I had to put direct light on the ring without casting the shadow of the bears - which I found at the upper side corner, but because I was holding the flash light with my left hand, and the camera with my right hand, it was difficult to coordinate both my hands and my eyes on focusing on the subject, and this picture showed a little part of the flash light. :)

Jack O'Lantern

#02 - Jack O'Lantern
12 October 2010
{Sony Ericsson K800i}

Last Tuesday, my sister and I were supposed to go church hopping, but the rains made her cancel it. By lunch time, the rains were gone, but she didn't want to continue the plan anymore, so we just went to the mall to eat out, and do some window shopping. On our way to the shoe department, we saw these plastic Jack O' Lantern, and I stopped for a while to take a picture.

Our country is slowly adapting the Halloween, but because we don't have the ultra big pumpkins, stores would just sell plastic versions of it.

Face in Nature

#03 - Faces Formed in Nature
17 October 2010
{Canon Powershot A1000is}

The item that I struggled with. This was actually quite a bad take on the item - I just saw this in the garden, and thought the two flower pods looked like eyes, and the stem looked like the mouth. :)


#04 - Sunset
27 October 2009
{Canon Powershot A1000is}

Something taken from last year, I decided to share this because exactly a year this was taken, I will be traveling to my paternal hometown to catch the sunset in Paratong Beach again (I am so excited). This, I took while my sister and I were walking to the beach; I just thought the tall grass looked good against the orange sky.

Warm

#05 - Warm
16 October 2010
{Canon Powershot A1000is}

Our laundry area is located outside of our house, and while my mom and I were working hand in hand in washing all the clothes, our cats Oreo and Orange-y just took advantage of the chance to lie in the pile of clothes, while we took care of the others first. I guess with the cool weather, the cats just wanted to lounge on something warm.

Next week, I'd really try harder to take all the pictures within the week. :)

*** Jenn ***