Thursday, September 16, 2010

I - Ixora

Sorry for the late update, we had no Internet connection yesterday, and since I promised I will complete this round of ABC Wednesday, so even if this is late, I would still post this.

When I decided to take on flowers for this round, I admit I got a little worried with the letter I (along with the other difficult letters) because the only "I" flower I know of is Iris, which I still haven't seen for real. In one of the memes I joined in, I posted a picture of what I know of as "santan," and it was such a blessing that one of the American bloggers who commented on my post and told me it was called "Ixora." I now have letter I!

Santan

This red-orange ixora was taken on the grounds of Sts. Peter and Paul Parish in Bauang, La Union. The path from the highway to the entrance of the church was paved with lots of this flowers, so I decided to take a picture.


This white ixora was taken in Ma-Cho Temple in San Fernando City, La Union. It's rare for me to see the white kind, so when I saw this, I took out my camera and snapped a picture.

204/365 c2 - Santan Buds


This yellow buds of ixora was the one I posted at the other meme I joined in. I took this picture in our neighbor's garden, and I liked it because it looked a bit like a watercolor painting. This, along with most of the images here in my blog are straight out of the camera, because I don't know how to post process.

Back when I was a kid, I would take one flower with the stem, pull that little string in the middle and lick off the sweet juice. I don't know if kids nowadays still do it, but it was a fond memory of yesteryears.

*** Jenn ***

2 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

I never heard of this flower! Lovely. Hope you have some for the tougher letters.

ROG, ABC Wednesday team

mrsnesbitt said...

Flowers on a Sunday - how lovely!

Denise
ABC Team