Monday, May 24, 2010

Passion Vine Flower

Continuing with the flowers I took from the weekend market of Lung Center of the Philippines.

Passion Vine Flower

Today's Flowers

The first time I saw such flower (and plant) was when I was in Pangasinan last April. I saw it in an open yard of one of the houses, and quickly thought of it as a wild flower because the way the plant looked, I was so sure the owners of the house didn't really plant it there on purpose. Seeing the little marble looking fruits, I already thought it might be passion fruit, but I cannot conclude because it was so small and so green.

Flash forward to the time I was in the weekend market, the soonest time my friend Woody arrived, we quickly made a short round in the market, and seeing one of the plant kiosks had this, I pointed it to Woody, and he took some pictures of it. I told him the story from Pangasinan, and it was a bit interesting to learn that this was called a Passion Vine flower. I am not sure if it's the same as the passion fruit, but I can definitely conclude that it had good looking flowers. So good, that I also took out my camera and take its pictures, too.

Here's to a good start of the week.

*** Jenn ***

9 comments:

Andrea said...

Hi Jenn, i keep on forgetting that we are occupying same patch of the earth. You will be amazed to see the beauty of the butterflies feeding on its leaves! I have long been wanting to see what are the things sold near the Lung Center on Sundays, but it is so hot i haven't been there, even if it's just a ride away. Maybe we will see each other there one of these days, who knows!

Gemma Wiseman said...

Such a stunning flower with so many levels of patterns and colours!

DeniseinVA said...

Outstanding Jen. I remember the first time I saw a passion flower, I couldn't believe how beautiful it was, and so different. Your image is gorgeous!

Tes said...

Jenn, simply lovely! I haven't seen anything like it! Exquisite. I hope to see one someday. You captured it to perfection -it's as if I've seen one already! :)

Kristi said...

I just discovered these a few months ago and have two Passion Vine plants on my deck! They are so cool and unique looking

Jenn Valmonte said...

@Andrea - I do hope we could cross paths in Lung Center. :) A lot of things to buy there, but we were mostly about into foods whenever we're there.

@Gemma, Denise, Tes, and Kristi - Thanks so much!

dianasfaria.com said...

this is so unusual & so beautiful.

Beyond the Dog Dish said...

That is just a stunning flower. You captured it beautifully
~ Miss Kodee @Fetch Photos

fini said...

wow! this is simply gorgeous flower! yeah, looks like a wild flower to me too.. The shot is awesome!!