Friday, May 28, 2010

Last of MV Doulos

MV Doulos

Now that my travel blog has catched up to where the old one stopped, I am now transfering pictures from my Facebook to my Flickr. Well, I still have a lot of catching up to do - since it's already May 2010 and my travel blog's posts are dated April 2009 - but I am glad I was already over a hurdle. In time, all will catch up to each other.

This picture was a very special for me because no matter what happen, I can no longer re-create this shot. The day I took this picture was the last day of MV Doulos (the oldest sailing passenger ship) in Philippine seas. The ship is now de-commissioned and is now owned by a Singaporean company, and no one knows if it would sail again. I was happy I was able to see the ship on her last day, and I was glad to be a part of its rich history - even if I only stepped inside and bought some books.

*** Jenn ***

1 comment:

ninja said...

Very good shot and even more interesting knowing the history about it.