Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Bacnotan Church

Bacnotan Church

Last March, I was in my paternal hometown in Bacnotan, La Union to have a short vacation in time for his death anniversary. Conflicts in schedules between my aunt and I has made me visit daddy's grave alone - but aunt was able to visit a day or so before dad's actual death anniversary. Anyway, after visiting his grave, I decided to head home because it was nearing noon and I felt a bit lazy going to the city just to eat lunch in one of the food places.

Upon reaching Bacnotan, I wanted to savor more of my last day there, so I walked from the highway to home. Near our house was the church, and seeing that the main gate was open, I entered to take a few pictures of the facade.

This picture was actually an attempt to re-create a picture my sister shot a few months ago when we both had a short vacation. I forgot the specific angle she had, and exhausting my brains in thinking, I just took some shots and not minding my sister's picture anymore. As soon as I took enough pictures, I went home and cooked lunch.

*** Jenn ***

12 comments:

Ralph said...

The ruby heart of jesus is a wonderful ruby indeed. The statue shows a loving God with his arms outstretched, waiting for us. A wonderfull picture!

Kim, USA said...

The Sacred Heart! Beautiful shot!

RRT~Slides

Becky said...

Very dramatic Ruby Tuesday. Thanks for sharing. I really like the positioning in the shot, too.

Jenn Valmonte said...

Thank you Ralph, Manang Kim, and Becky for the comments.

toby said...

I'm not sure what your sister's photo looked like, but this is a nice composition!

Jenn Valmonte said...

@Toby - Hers was taken to the far left - the statue of the Sacred Heart slightly on sideview and is only showing the belfry of the church.

Hootin Anni said...

Literally, awe inspiring!!!!

My Ruby Tuesday. I do hope to see you drop by for a visit with me today.

lynda Howells said...

Lovely image for Ruby Tuesdayx lynda
thanks for visiting me toox

Jenn Valmonte said...

Thanks, Hootin' Anni!

Robin said...

Beautifully composed, very dramatic.

-----------------
I've entered a major international photo competition (details are on my blog) and would be most grateful if you'd click through and rate my portfolio (just click on the stars at the bottom (preferably the 5th star - "fantastic" - LOL), easy peasy, no registration or personal details needed). Thanks so much!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

The red on the statue is very dramatic. I love the flower in the post below as well. thank you for visiting FT-L

Marice said...

oh my the shot is marvelously awesome! ;) nice one!

u may view mine here