Monday, October 05, 2009

Yellowish Brown Orchids

New month, new theme for me here in Today's Flowers. For this month, I will post pictures of orchids. Flowers are one of my favorite photography subjects, but among all the flowers, I always find it difficult to take pictures of orchids. I don't know why, I just have a hard time framing them.

Today's Flowers

Orchids

This orchid was just one of the oh so many flowering plants being sold on Market One - the weekend market at the grounds of Lung Center of the Philippines. Once, my sister and I went there to buy some footwear and to eat yummy foods, but of course, since I always have my camera, I also took the time to check out the plants section and I just took pictures after pictures. Different kinds of orchids were being sold there, and this earth colored one took my interest. Sadly, like most orchids, I don't know the name of this one.

Still, I find it really beautiful.

*** Jenn ***

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really captured a beautiful photo of this orchid!
Happy Today's Flowers!

DeniseinVA said...

What a beautiful photo Jen and a very beautiful orchid. Thanks for sharing.