Friday, October 23, 2009

Where My Feet Took Me



Tsinelas

Two weekends ago, my friends and I traveled to Coron, Palawan. We spent an overnight in Bulog Island, which is owned by one of the people we met online. It was a great spot to unwind and detach from the hustle and bustle of life.

The next morning, some of us seemed to have our own thing, and while waiting for a friend to fetch me with the kayak so we could check the nearby island, I took off my slippers and felt the sand on my feet. When I got back, I liked the look of my slippers with the boat in the background, and since I always have my camera, I took the time to take this scenery.

When we got back to "reality," I heard of a photo contest about traveling and flip flops; I was excited about it, however, in the mechanics it was said that the traveler has to fly or should've traveled in a specific air line, and since my friends and I flew to Palawan using a different air line, this photo wasn't valid at all. But I had no regrets, I was happy we took the air line we took, because the risky pilot braved the heavy clouds... the other air line had to go back to Manila because of zero visibility.

It was a rainy day when we reached Palawan, but this day was a different scenario. It was a great day, and a great vacation for us.

*** Jenn ***

5 comments:

Eaglesbrother said...

Great capture...and very nice sky there too.
You didn't leave your slippers there did you?..lol


Eaglesbrother

ninja said...

Love the shot. It definitely has the "I want to teleport there at once' effect.

Sylvia K said...

Gorgeous shot,Jenn, such beautiful skies and clouds! And your slippers are such a bright spot of color! Have to ask the same question as Eaglesbrother, you didn't leave them, did you? lol!

Enjoy your weekend!

Sylvia

Unknown said...

That is a lovely picture Jen! I love it immensely! Glad you had a fun weekend! We all need those from time to time!

Mary said...

I love it! Very creative!