Monday, August 17, 2009

Marigold in the Morning

Continuing the Baguio (July 2009) pictures...

Today's Flowers

Marigold

Because there were 18 of us sharing one unit with two bathrooms, I felt the need to wake up very early in the morning so I could enjoy my time in the bathroom. While waiting for our companions to finish fixing themselves before we go to the conference site, Andre, Jacque, and I went out to check if the nearest store is already open so we can sip a hot cup of coffee.

The store was still closed, but just right outside the village there was this street corner where some marigolds were planted. I often times just see orange or yellow marigold, so when I saw this, I knew I had to take a picture of it. Not sure if its the rain from last night or the very cold weather, but I just loved seeing water droplets in the flower. What a great good morning greeting!

*** Jenn ***

11 comments:

Ebie said...

Hi Jenn, perfect shot of the morning dew!

Au Lim said...

that's lovely Jenn... kuha yung velvety texture ng petals!

DeniseinVA said...

You took a magnificent shot Jenn, that color is gorgeous, an exquisite flower indeed. Thanks for sharing it with Today's Flowers.

Marju said...

I like this photo, it's really beautiful!
I wish a good week!

Anonymous said...

Great shot..
Love your picture.
Morning is the best of all times in the garden. The sun is not yet hot.
Sweet vapors rise from the earth. Night dew clings to the soil
and makes plants glisten. Birds call to one another.
Bees are already at work.
- William Longgood

Arija said...

A splendid photo, Cartier should imitate that, I bet he could not get such perfection in diamonds.

Race said...

hi jenn i love your shot especially as the dewdrops were very visible in your shot, great capture!

http://racelyn.com/2009/08/todays-flowers-53-pinkies.html

Luiz Santilli Jr said...

Jenn
Fantastic flower!
Thanks for posting for TODAY'S FLOWERS!
Luiz

KUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN said...

Really Poems...... I Like Your Write

Mia N said...

This is great shot.Really!
Thanks for sharing.

January said...

hi jen! this is nice.. i love the color..

visit my photoblog too..

http://faeriejan.blogspot.com

thanks..