Saturday, July 18, 2009

Rock(s)

photo hunt

100/365 - God is My Rock

Originally posted in my Project 365 blog, this was shot at a seminary when my SFC (Singles for Christ) siblings and I went out for a walk on Good Friday. It was such a spiritually fulfilling day.

One of the things I was thankful for that day was that I was able to learn new things about taking pictures. One of the brothers, Ran, taught me a lesson about taking pictures from the ground up - because he said most people take pictures at their level or looking down on the subject. Before leaving the seminary, we tested the lesson, and here was what I came up with.

I named it "God is My Rock." the crucifix was Ran's necklace placed on a rock at one of the seminary's garden. The rock wasn't that big actually, but because I took the picture from the ground, it really seemed as if the rock was huge. I had a nice time taking the picture, but surely, getting it done was difficult. I had to lay flat on the ground to get this!

Happy weekends, everyone!

*** Jenn ***

1 comment:

Yami said...

Very spiritual take on the theme. Nice shot! :-)